Sunday, October 17, 2010

Homer, Alaska, my Birthplace, on Google Earth

The Sterling Highway ends at the Spit in Homer, Alaska, the town in which I was born and in which I currently live. Homer is bordered by Kachemak Bay on one side. Across this body of water are many mountains and nine glaciers, including the Grewgink Glacier, which we can see most clearly and access most easily from Homer. Behind Homer flows the Anchor River. There are many smaller creeks feeding off this river.

I cannot figure out how to save the images to my computer and reupload them here. Here are some links to a few good images.

Looking at the Kenai Peninsula from a little higher up.

Just our town. You can see "the Spit" extending out into Cook Inlet.

I was born at a Birthing Center on the corner of Pioneer Avenue and Bartlett.
Now I live just up the street. I grew up on Northfork Road, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment